Our Governance Structure
In March 2013, Drayton Parslow and Mursley schools federated, with a single governing body. While Swanbourne maintains it's own Governing Board, they work together as one team and the overall collaboration brings governance of the three schools under a formalised structure, helping secure the long-term future of our partnership. All Governors attend termly Teaching and Learning meetings and there are representatives of both Governing bodies on the Finance and Operations committee.
What is the role of the Governing body?
Our Governing Bodies are unwavering in their commitment to achieving the highest standards for the children and staff at our schools. They work closely with the Headteachers to focus the strategic direction of the schools work and to hold the leadership team to account for meeting school improvement priorities, within three broad strands
Establishing the strategic direction, by:
- Setting and ensuring clarity of vision, values, and objectives for the school
- Agreeing the school improvement strategy with priorities and targets
- Meeting statutory duties
Ensuring accountability, by:
- Appointing the Head Teacher(s)
- Monitoring the educational performance of the school and progress towards agreed targets
- Performance managing the Head Teacher
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Contributing to school self-evaluation
Overseeing financial performance, by:
- Setting the budget
- Monitoring spending against the budget
- Ensuring money is well spent and value for money is obtained
- Ensuring risks to the organisation are managed
Please see below for more information about our Governors and their roles.